Nominations will be accepted in seven categories
The Center for Community Service Initiatives (CCSI) is issuing an early call for nominations for Barry’s 2022 Community Engagement Awards. Students, faculty, and staff members, as well as community partners, are invited to submit nominations by the last Friday of January.
The primary purpose of the awards is to publicly recognize students, faculty, staff/administrators, departments, and community partners for their participation, contributions, and achievements in various areas of community engagement. Furthermore, each award is designed to encourage excellence in university–community collaboration and to inspire similar achievements by others.
Nominations will be accepted in seven categories: Community Impact, Community Partnership, Community-Based Research, Community-Engaged Scholarship, Community Engagement Educator, Service-Learning Faculty, and Engaged Department.
- The Community Impact Award is presented to individual students and student organizations for exemplary civic engagement—including service, research, and advocacy—that has a measurable impact on the community.
- The Community Partnership Award recognizes exemplary partnerships between university and community constituencies that produce measurable improvements in people’s lives while enhancing higher education.
- The Community-Based Research Award is presented to scholars (faculty members and/or students) who conduct rigorous research with community partners in response to community concerns, issues, or needs.
- The Community-Engaged Scholarship Award is given to faculty members in recognition of significant scholarly work across the faculty roles of teaching, research, and service that addresses community issues.
- The Community Engagement Educator Award honors administrators and faculty member for significant contributions to the institutionalization or enhancement of community engagement at Barry University.
- The Service-Learning Faculty Award goes to faculty members for exemplary integration of community-based or community-focused collaborative service into the curriculum.
- The Engaged Department Award is presented to departments for achievements in advancing the community engagement goals of the university, educating students for civic and social responsibility, and improving community life.
The Ninth Annual Community Engagement Awards Ceremony is scheduled for the last Wednesday of March. Additional information and the nomination forms are available from the CCSI at email@example.com.