Living on Campus
We are very much looking forward to welcoming all our residents Back to Barry.
Just as we did in classrooms and throughout campuses and sites, we implemented measures to promote a culture of safety in our residence halls.
- This includes enhancing cleaning of common areas, reconfiguring common spaces to ensure proper physical distancing and restricting access to residence halls, in addition to requiring face coverings when appropriate and encouraging hygiene practices.
- We have space set aside should we need additional rooms for isolation.
- Our team has put in place detailed plans for on-campus dining.
- It is the expectation that all residential students will have a COVID-19 test 2-3 days prior to returning to a campus or location. Additionally, it is expected that individuals who traveled back to a campus or location utilizing public transportation will have another COVID-19 test 3-5 days after traveling.
- In alignment with updated CDC guidance, individuals returning from an international location will not be required to quarantine for 14 days. All travelers, domestic or international, should be vigilant in following recommended precautions to prevent exposure for themselves or others. For 14 days after international or domestic travel, including in-state travel to a county with high or increasing COVID-19 transmission, travelers should stay home to the extent possible and avoid contact with people at higher risk for severe illness.
Please refer to the Housing and Residence Life and New Student Orientation websites for additional information.
You can find information about our campus traditions and exciting upcoming events here.