Pharmacy Technician Training and Certification Exam Preparation Program
Join one of the fastest growing medical occupations in the country!
With an emphasis on preparing you to pass the National Certification exam, Barry University’s, 12-week, 72 hour Pharmacy Technician Training Program provides you with the knowledge you need to become a Certified Pharmacy Technician.
Pharmacy Technicians work in clean, organized environments in a wide variety of practice settings, including community pharmacies, hospitals, the military, in-home health care settings, long term care facilities, mail service pharmacies, managed health care organizations, and educational programs.
Pharmacy Technicians act as assistants to the Pharmacist and may perform some or all of the following duties:
- Receive information needed by the Pharmacist to fill a prescription
- Count tablets and measure amounts of other medication for prescriptions
- Compound or mix medications, such as preparing ointments
- Package and label prescriptions
- Accept payment for prescriptions and process insurance claims
- Perform a variety of tasks, such as inventory, answering calls and assisting patrons
Employment of pharmacy technicians is expected to grow by 32 percent from 2010 to 2020, much faster than the average for all occupations. As a result of advances in pharmaceutical research, more prescription medications are being used to fight diseases. Also, the number of older people is growing, and older people use more prescription drugs than younger people.
Dept. of Labor Statistics
* This program qualifies as an approved Registered Pharmacy Technician Training program in accordance with the Florida State Board of Pharmacy Statute 64B16-26.351, Section 1b.