MS in Counseling Admission Requirements
Apply when it’s right for you. The MS in Counseling program accepts applications for fall, spring, and summer semesters.
- Application including statement of purpose and goals
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited or internationally recognized college or university with appropriate credits as indicated by transcripts with a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 (B) or higher.
- If undergraduate cumulative grade point average is less than 3.00 (B), then acceptable and recent score on the Miller Analogies Test or Graduate Record Examination
- Two recent professional recommendations for graduate study including a letter from a former professor
- Current resume
Additional Requirements for School Counseling Specialization
- A current copy of their Florida Professional Educator’s certificate OR
- Passing scores on all parts of the General Knowledge portion of the Florida Teacher Certification Exam OR
- A combined score of 1000 on the Graduate Record Examination