- Chemistry alumna as recipients of the prestigious NSF Graduate Research Fellowship: Maria Perez ’09, Diana Cordero Dumit ’17, Qiwen Su ’17, Alexandria Roach ‘18
- Since 2006, 91 research manuscripts were published by 9 chemistry and physics faculty in peer-reviewed science journals, 19 of these manuscripts are co-authored with 40 undergraduate students.
- Since 2006, 203 research presentations were conducted at national (41%), international (2%) and state or local (56%) science conferences by 87 chemistry or physics research students.
- Since 2006, 87% of chemistry majors are involved in research with chemistry or physics faculty.
- Since 2008, 36 chemistry majors participated in 47 summer research externally funded internships at Barry (28%) and/or at various research institutions throughout the nation (79%).
- Faculty Fulbright Scholars: Maurizio Giannotti PhD ’21 Spain, Zuzana Zajickova PhD ’19 Czech Republic
- Faculty has ongoing national and international collaborations with researchers from: Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), California Institute of Technology (Caltech), Stanford University, Northwestern University, University of South Carolina Upstate, Florida Gulf Coast University, University of Miami, Hartwick College, University of Minesota, Conseil européen pour la recherche nucléaire (CERN), Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron (DESY), Stockholm University, Laboratori Nazionali di Frascati, Stazione Zoologica, Czech Academy of Sciences, Charles University, Masaryk University, and Slovak Technical University.
Department of Chemistry and Physics