- Chemistry alumna as recipients of the prestigious NSF Graduate Research Fellowship: Maria Perez ’09, Diana Cordero Dumit ’17, Qiwen Su ‘17
- Since 2006, 60 research manuscripts were published by 7 chemistry and physics faculty in peer-reviewed science journals, 19 of these manuscripts are co-authored with 40 undergraduate students.
- Since 2006, 197 research presentations were conducted at national (44%), international (3%) and state or local (53%) science conferences by 74 chemistry or physics research students.
- Since 2006, 85% of chemistry majors are involved in research with chemistry or physics faculty.
- Since 2008, 36 chemistry majors participated in 47 summer research externally funded internships at Barry (28%) and/or at various research institutions throughout the nation (79%)
- Faculty has ongoing national and international collaborations with researchers from: Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), California Institute of Technology (Caltech), Stanford University, Northwestern University, University of South Carolina Upstate, Florida Gulf Coast University, University of Miami, Hartwick College, University of Minesota, Conseil européen pour la recherche nucléaire (CERN), Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron (DESY), Stockholm University, Laboratori Nazionali di Frascati, Stazione Zoologica, Czech Academy of Sciences, Charles University, Masaryk University, and Slovak Technical University.
Department of Physical Sciences