About the Program Physician Assistant (Master of Clinical Medical Science)
Our vision is that our graduates will be PA leaders in health care technology and clinical practice.
The Barry University Physician Assistant Program educates students in the practice of collaborative medicine and encourages life-long learning and professional development. It fosters a technology rich environment and clinical training experiences among diverse patient populations. The Program enables students to develop competencies required to meet the health care needs of contemporary society.
The Barry University Physician Assistant Program is dedicated to producing ethical, caring, and well-prepared physician assistants. As a PA student, you will spend part of your training in underserved and disadvantaged communities, with an emphasis on primary care. The Program also works to give you sufficient knowledge of scientific research design and statistics to read and intelligently interpret medical literature.
Barry University’s Mission includes the core commitments of knowledge and truth; inclusive community; social justice; and collaborative service which are reinforced in the program curriculum.
Barry University Physician Assistant Program:
- Utilizes innovative technology to conduct instructional education via interactive videoconferencing (IAV).
- Conducts a 40 hour total Immersion Medical Spanish course for all students.
- Provides the opportunity for clinical rotations in diverse/underserved communities.
- Contains a diverse student population within the two campuses.
- Has strong affiliations with community hospitals and health organizations in Miami and St. Petersburg.
All candidates who successfully complete the Program will be awarded the Master of Clinical Medical Science degree.