Using SAMSHA's principles of trauma-informed care (TIC), the program helps participants refine skills of conceptualizing cases through the lens of trauma, translating TIC principles into practice, and creating trauma-informed culture and practice that is safe, collaborative, empowering, and healing.)
Translating Trauma-Informed Care Into Practice
Translating Trauma-Informed Care Into Practice Certificate Program
Certificate Program Translating Trauma-Informed Care Into Practice Barry University School of Social Work is offering a virtual 4-day post-masters training that prepares professional helpers to deliver trauma-informed services in a variety of settings with a range of problems and populations.
Module 1Defining Trauma-Informed Care, Neurobiology of Trauma, & TIC Framework
Module 2Conceptualizing Cases through the trauma lens, Trauma-specific vs. Trauma-Informed
Module 3Translating TIC into Practice, Avoiding re-traumatization in the helping relationship
Module 4Building a Trauma-Informed Workplace
2021 Schedule & Pricing
- Module 1 & 2– Monday & Tuesday - October 18 & 19, 2021
- Module 3 & 4 - Thursday & Friday - October 21 & 22, 2021
- Complete Certificate Program - $499
- Discounted rate of $450 per person for Barry University alumni and Field Educators and Advisors.
- Discounted rate of $450 per person for group registrations of 5 or more.
- 22 CEUs for LCSW, LMHC, LMFT total: 4 days, 5.5 clinical CEUs each day
- To receive CEUs, participants must complete 22 CEUs + online quiz.
- To receive TIC certification, you must additionally participate in 3 hours online supervision via Zoom
Agenda At A Glance
- Morning sessions: 9:30 – 12:30 (break 11:00 – 11:15 am)
- Lunch break 12:30 – 1:30
- Afternoon Sessions: 1:30 – 4:30 (break 3:00 – 3:15 pm)
- Day 1 AM: Definitions, Prevalence, Impact of Trauma and ACEs
- Day 1 PM: Neurobiology of Trauma
- Day 2 AM: Trauma-Specific vs. Trauma-Informed: Panel Discussion
- Day 2 PM: Case Conceptualization through the trauma lens
- Day 3 AM: Translating TIC into Practice
- Day 3 PM: Avoiding Re-Traumatization
- Day 4 AM: Vicarious Trauma, Self-Care, and Expressive Arts
- Day 4 PM: Innovation Activities: Creating a plan for your service delivery
- CEU hours TOTAL: 22
- Supervision: (3 hours) Participation in two 90-minute online group supervision forums, dates TBA
- Certificate total hours: 25
Masters Level social workers, mental health professionals, and other social service staff. 22 CEUs available for LCSW, LMHC, LMFT.
Primary presenter: Dr. Jill Levenson, PhD, LCSW
Professor of Social Work, is a SAMHSA-trained internationally recognized expert in trauma-informed care. She has published over 100 articles, including projects funded by the National Institutes of Justice, CDC, and the National Sexual Violence Resource Center. She has also been a practicing clinical social worker for over 30 years, using a scientist-practitioner model to inform her research and her work with survivors, offenders, and families impacted by sexual abuse, interpersonal violence, and other trauma.
Dr. Levenson has been invited to present as a keynote speaker about trauma-informed care in clinical, correctional, and forensic settings in over 20 states, Canada, Mexico, Hong Kong, New Zealand, and Australia.