This session will offer practical skills for helping clients cope using principles of trauma-informed care (TIC). Participants will learn to understand and respond to anxieties related to COVID, societal unrest, racial injustice, and uncertainty through the lens of trauma. The training will also provide information and skills related to dealing with vicarious trauma and self-care. Come prepared with some case examples in mind to discuss challenges and to brainstorm solutions.
- Participants will learn to understand societal anxiety through a trauma lens.
- By discussing current challenges, participants will review and apply crisis intervention skills using SAMHSA’s principles of TIC.
- Participants will learn and apply strategies for coping with vicarious trauma and developing self-care.
- Participants will demonstrate trauma-informed case conceptualization and responses.
- Participants will be able to identify and describe skills for building resilience during times of community crisis.