Requests for the Landon Student Union facilities by the Division of Mission and Student Engagement take priority over any departments and outside groups. Room requests from any other departments or outside groups will not be approved until 2 months prior to the event date.
- Requests for the Landon Student Union facilities are processed by the Student Union Office Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5pm. These hours are subject to change during recess and summer sessions.
- To request space online, faculty and staff can log onto the Event Management System (EMS) on BUCWIS (Barry’s intranet website).
- Stop by the Student Union Office, located in Landon 103, to also receive instructions.
- To request space by phone: Call the Student Union Office (305) 899-4900.
Space will not be considered "officially confirmed" until the patron completes and submits a request through the Event Management system (EMS) and receives a confirmation letter, via email, from the student union. The following list is the official procedure for reserving space:
- All space requests must be entered through the online (EMS) calendar.
- Requests from student organizations must be entered by an employee.
- Space requests must be submitted at least 5 business-days in advance.
- Any space requests less than 5 business-days before the event cannot be guaranteed.
- All space requests are reserved on a "first come, first serve basis."
- Allow up to two days for a request to be processed, unless there are pending issues.
- Changes to your reservation (room setup, A/V or technical requirements) must be communicated to the Student Union Office/Audio Visual within two days of your event.
- Cancellations must be made two days before your event and should be communicated to the Student Union Office via phone or email.
- Please note the total number of attendees must not exceed the designated capacity of the spaces(s).