Applications to the Barry University Founders' Scholarship are accepted October 1 – March 15.
Eligible High Schools
Graduating senior from one of these South Florida Catholic high schools. (Students do not have to be Catholic to be eligible). Every year, one student will be chosen from each school.*
- Archbishop Coleman F. Carroll High School
- Archbishop Edward A. McCarthy High School
- Belen Jesuit Preparatory School
- Cardinal Gibbons High School
- Carrollton School of the Sacred Heart
- Chaminade-Madonna College Preparatory
- Christopher Columbus High School
- Immaculata-LaSalle High School
- Monsignor Edward Pace High School
- Our Lady of Lourdes Academy
- St. Brendan High School
- St. Thomas Aquinas High School
*The student must be accepted to Barry University before applying for the scholarship.
In order to apply for the Barry University Founders' Scholarship, you must be accepted to the University and meet these requirements:
- High school GPA of 3.5 or higher (weighted)
If you meet the above criteria, you can complete the Founders' Scholarship application through your myBarry account. The application includes:
- Essay on what activities would you want to become involved with as part of your collegiate experience at Barry. Why is this important to you?
- Tell us what you have learned about Barry University's mission and core commitments.
- A recommendation letter from a teacher or administrator at your high school.
- Completing a FAFSA application (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is encouraged but not required.
- Application available October 1 - March 15.
Once all materials are received, your Founders' Scholarship application is reviewed by a committee of Barry faculty and administrators.
Once a decision is made, you will be notified and will have until May 1 to accept the Founders' Scholarship.
Do you have what it takes? Apply for the Founders' Scholarship through your myBarry account once you have been accepted to the University.
Terms and Conditions
- The Founders’ Scholarship covers annual tuition and is renewable for four academic years on an annual basis, given that recipients maintain a cumulative 3.5 GPA and make satisfactory academic progress toward degree completion.
- Annual tuition is in conjunction with other Barry University sponsored aid such as a merit award. Federal and state grants can be used, if applicable. Please note that Florida residents will be required to submit a Florida Residency Affidavit for the Effective Access to Student Education Program (EASE).
- Once the offer has been accepted, your enrollment deposit ($225) will be waived.
- Scholarship recipients will be expected to participate in Founders’ Day activities, usually held in the fall.
- If the scholarship recipient’s GPA falls below 3.5, one semester of probation will ensue and, if necessary, an internal review process will be conducted.
- A scholarship appeal would be required if degree completion exceeds four years.