Diplomas are issued to students upon degree conferral. The diplomas will not be awarded at the time of Commencement. Students will receive their diploma approximately six to eight weeks after the degree conferral date.
All financial obligations to the University must be paid in full before diplomas can be released. Please contact Student Accounts at 305-899-3030 or email@example.com with any questions regarding an outstanding balance hold.
Upon degree conferral, students receive their diploma in two formats: digital and print.
- Digital diploma complements the paper diploma but is faster to access and can be shared on social media. Digital diplomas are sent electronically to the students’ Barry University email right after degree conferral.
- Paper diplomas are mailed to the address included in the graduation application.
- Diplomas do not display minors or specializations.
The diploma is awarded under the student’s name of record. Variations from an official name can be requested within the parameters of the following information by contacting the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Middle name may be complete, initialed, or omitted, but must match the student record (e.g., Sean Peter Collins, Sean P. Collins, or Sean Collins).
- A legal middle name may be used in place of a first name if that middle name has been recorded in the student record.
- Suffixes such as Sr., Jr., III, etc., may be used if included in the student record and documented on the student’s original application, transcript from another school, or birth certificate.
- Maternal surnames may be included if documentation is provided to the Office of the Registrar. Proper documentation is a copy of a birth certificate indicating the maternal surname or the student’s original admission application indicating the surname.
- Hyphenated maiden-married last names may be used, provided the student record has documentation to verify the names. A Legal Name Change Form will be required if a name change has not been processed since the marriage.
- A maiden name may be used in place of a married name if the maiden name has been recorded in the student record.
- Special accent marks may be requested. Recognized linguistic marks will be included in the diploma name.
What to Know Before Placing an order:
- There is a fee of $30.00 for each replacement diploma request.
- Any replacement requests will not be processed until all outstanding financial obligations to the university are satisfied. Please contact Student Accounts at (305) 899-3585 or email@example.com
- All replacement diplomas are provided in both printed and digital formats.
- The name on your diploma will be the name on your official student record. If you prefer a variation of your official name, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a Barry University employee, name changes are processed through Workday.
- Students from the Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law, who are requesting a replacement diploma, must call the School of Law in Orlando, FL at (321) 206-5600 for information on processing your request.
Please visit Parchment to order a replacement diploma.