Applications are now being accepted for Barry University's Founder's Scholarship!
The Founders' Scholarship provides full tuition over four years for one eligible graduating senior from each South Florida Catholic high school selected to participate in the program. Founders' Scholarship recipients will be invited to join the Barry University Honors Program and will be ambassadors for Founders' Day activities in the fall.
This scholarship was created in honor of Barry University's founders: Reverend Mother M. Gerald Barry, OP, Prioress General of the Dominican Sisters of Adrian; her brothers Reverend Monsignor William Barry and the Most Reverend Patrick Barry, Bishop of St. Augustine; and John Graves Thompson, mayor of Miami Shores, Florida.
The Founders Scholarship recognizes their belief in the value of a Catholic education in which the integration of study, reflection, and action inform the intellectual life. Scholarship recipients represent the strength of character and noble aspirations of our founders to make a positive impact on the world.
The Barry University Founders' Scholarship will open in fall 2017 for first-year freshman planning to enroll for fall 2018. All materials must be submitted by March 1, 2018.
- Eligibility Requirements
In order to apply for the Barry University Founders' Scholarship, you must be accepted to the University and meet these requirements:
- Graduating senior from one of the South Florida Catholic high schools. (Students do not have to be Catholic to be eligible.)
- High school GPA of 3.7 or higher (weighted)
- SAT score of 1250 or higher or ACT composite score of 26 or higher
- The Application
If you meet the above criteria, you can complete the Founders' Scholarship application through your myBarry account. The application includes:
- Essay on what activities would you want to become involved with as part of your collegiate experience at Barry? Why is this important to you?
- A recommendation letter from a teacher or administrator at your high school.
- An interview (either by phone, Skype, or in person) will be required.
- Completing a FAFSA application (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is encouraged but not required
- Supplement your application with a ZeeMee video
Once accepted to the university and if you meet the above criteria, please apply for the Founders' Scholarship through your myBarry account.
Once all materials have been received, your Founders' Scholarship application will be reviewed by a committee of Barry faculty and administrators representing Recruitment and Admissions, Academic Affairs, and Mission Engagement.
We will notify you of a decision during the first week of April. You will have until May 1 to accept the Founders' Scholarship.For more information, please contact 305.899.3100 or email@example.com.