Why Get Your Bsit At Barry?
Barry University's Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT) degree prepares students for exciting careers in the growing information technology field by providing them with the technical skills required to properly analyze, design, implement, and support IT solutions in a variety of business settings.
The BSIT program enables students to:
- Acquire the knowledge and skills required to excel as an IT professional and empower themselves for career growth with a higher-education degree.
- Become familiar with current technologies, tools, and methodologies that lead to the development of better information systems.
- Understand the different components of the information technology field, including hardware, software, communication, networking, research, and people.
- Learn how to methodically and practically approach a variety of technological, managerial, and administrative issues to ultimately improve business strategies and create a competitive advantage.
- Analyze and evaluate organizational systems and processes to recommend software solutions that meet an organization's needs and goals.
- Earn up to 30 credits for professional experience and community service.
Some courses are aligned with current industry certifications from CompTIA, allowing students to work toward advancing professional IT credentials while earning a bachelor's degree. Students also have the option of specializing in Information Systems Administration.
Barry is a respected university offering students the practical connections and training and the personal enrichment necessary for success as individuals and in their careers. It has been named the most diverse campus in the country by U.S. News and World Report Best Colleges Edition and "Best Private University or College" by South Florida CEO magazine. Barry promises its students individualized attention thanks to low student to faculty ratios and a supportive learning environment that values each person's needs and goals.