Barry University will have its 4th Annual Mathematics Olympiad to engage with the South Florida High School community and provide a venue where students can engage in mathematics activities that challenge them.
Our event is designed as follows:
- Schools may bring a maximum of six (6) students as part of their mathematics team representing the school. Each team must be accompanied by a teacher/sponsor.
- The day will consist of an individual exam (students will be given time to solve a series of complex mathematics problems). A background in algebra, geometry and advanced algebra should be sufficient for the individual test. After lunch, the teams will compete on a problem as a group.
- Lunch will be provided by Barry University for the students and participating sponsor. An awards ceremony will follow the team competition.
The date of the event this year is:
Friday November 9, 2018
- 8:00-8:50 AM Registration
- 9:00-10:50 AM Individual Student Written Exam Competition
- 11:00-11:50 AM Lunch
- 12:00-1:15 PM Team Competition
- 1:30-2:00 PM Awards Ceremony