Barry 101 Overview
The schedule of events showcases the different activities that will take place during your time at orientation. Whether you are a freshman, transfer student, international student or family member attending orientation, we have a schedule for you!
All events and sessions are customized to meet the needs of the student and family member(s). To help guide everyone along the way, a Group Leader will be assigned on the first day of orientation. Think of them as a personal tour guide. They will ensure that everyone has a great and beneficial experience while visiting Barry University.
Here's an Overview of What You'll Do During Orientation
- Learn about the Barry Mission and campus traditions
- Learn about financial aid
- Attend academic workshops
- Meet your academic advisors
- Register for Fall semester classes
- Complete any required place and challenge testing
- Meet fellow students, faculty, and staff
- Enjoy evening social events with other students
- Have Fun!
What is there to do in Miami?
Planning on exploring the surrounding areas of Barry University? Please visit the Miami Attractions page. We encourage you to take advantage of your time here and make it a mini-vacation by visiting the wide variety of entertainment venues, restaurants, and attractions. To help guide you, we have narrowed it down to the Top Places to Visit. Whether you will have time to visit them all, or some, we hope your stay is truly an exciting one!