- A master's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- A cumulative GPA of 3.25, "B"
- Two professional recommendations focused on your ability to do an advanced graduate study
- Two years of full-time teaching experience or equivalent professional experience
- Satisfactory score on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Research Examination (GRE)
- Statement of Purpose / Goals
- A minimum of 9 semester-hours (3 courses, graduate or undergraduate) in Reading. Additional courses may be required if you choose to apply for Florida Teacher Certification in Reading.