Welcome to the fast and easy way to apply for Barry University scholarships!
Barry University offers scholarships that you can apply for every year. The scholarships are funded through contributions from private donors, alumni, faculty, staff, parents, campus organizations, and corporations.
With the Barry University Scholarship System, you can:
- Fill out one simple and secure general scholarship application in a few minutes
- Be automatically considered for many of the scholarships available at Barry University
- Be eligible for additional scholarships by answering a few supplemental questions
- Do a keyword search for Barry scholarships and review the criteria to see if your qualifications are a match
- Find links to other scholarship sites
Who can apply?
Students who are enrolled at Barry University.
Who should not apply?
Barry employees and their relatives who currently receive 100% tuition assistance or tuition waivers are not eligible for Barry University scholarships, and students that are applying for the MBA online program.
When can I apply?
There are two scholarship application periods each school year: Aug. 27-Oct. 1 and Jan. 8-Feb. 12. The vast majority of the annual scholarships are awarded in the Spring for disbursement in the Fall. Deadline dates for individual scholarship applications may vary, so please refer to the Barry University Scholarship System for deadlines. You will continue to be notified through your myBarry email account, through this website, and through on-campus advertisements to complete the scholarship application.
How will I apply?
Get started on the Barry University Scholarship system today by following these easy steps:
- Log in to the Barry University Scholarship System
- Select "Sign In" and then log in using your My Mail email address and password.
- Complete your simple, online general application.
- Review all recommended scholarship opportunities and apply for scholarships for which you meet the criteria.
- Review available scholarships and apply to those whose criteria you meet
- Make sure to answer all questions completely and complete all essays thoughtfully
- Don’t wait until the last minute
- Go into the system regularly to see if there are new scholarships you may be eligible for
- If a thank you note is requested, please be sure to submit in a timely manner as funds are not disbursed until these are received
- Contact faculty for needed recommendations as early as possible
Interested in reviewing available scholarships?
You do not need to sign in to the Barry University Scholarship System to review the available scholarships. Anyone can visit the Barry University Scholarship System website to view all available scholarships. You are also able to do a search to narrow down the list of available scholarships for review. For example, if you are interested in viewing only scholarships available to freshmen, you can do a keyword search for "freshman."
How will I be notified if I am chosen as a recipient?
- You will receive an email notification to your Barry email account
- You can track the status of scholarship applications you applied to in the Barry University Scholarship System
- Scholarships you receive will be included in your Financial Aid Award notification
- Monitor the status of your scholarship applications by checking the system regularly. (If you are not chosen, your scholarship account will be updated to reflect this.)
When will I be notified if I am chosen as a recipient?
After applying, check your scholarship account frequently for updates.
Barry University Scholarship Policies
- Enrollment Policy: To be eligible for a Barry University scholarship, you must be enrolled at the university.
- Disbursement Policy: Scholarships are disbursed the fall and spring semester following the selection of recipients and are directly credited to the recipients’ Barry student accounts. Most annual awards up to $1,000 are credited for the full amount in the fall semester. Awards of $1,000 or more are divided equally between the fall and spring semesters. If a student does not attend a portion of the school year, undisbursed funds are returned to the scholarship fund for a future award.
- Cancellation Policy: Barry University reserves the right to revoke a scholarship if the recipient is found to not meet the published criteria under which the recipient was initially selected.
How Do I Establish A Scholarship Or Donate To An Existing Scholarship?
Scholarship donations or endowments are managed through Barry University’s Major Gifts Development department. To learn more about establishing a new scholarship, please call Ms. Margaret Hubbard at 305.981.5249 or visit www.barry.edu/giving.