About the BSW Program
The Barry School of Social Work’s Bachelor of Social Work Program is SACS accredited, trauma-informed and focused on empowering the next generation of professional clinicians and leaders. Our trauma-informed curriculum prepares students to specifically address areas of trauma and resilience within their communities including abuse, neglect, and crisis. We also offer exceptional internships with experienced Field Supervisors who provide our students with opportunities to explore areas of expertise unique to their vocational interests. Our advanced standing option allows students to transition into our Master of Social Work program and complete their degree in two semesters. In today's society, our students are knowledgeable, involved and act as the voice of change.
In the Bachelor of Social Work program, you will complete 45 credits from five different curricular divisions, giving you a strong liberal arts background. Your professional social work education will consist of 13 social work courses (39 credits) and two upper division psychology courses. Your senior year will include a yearlong field placement in a human service agency in South Florida, along with three practice courses.
BSW Program Highlights
- All students participate in a two-semester internship during senior year
- Join us and participate in individualized community-based service-learning opportunities
- Enhance your learning in small classroom environments
- Students receive clinical and community-based practice skills
- Qualified students are eligible for seamless two semester advanced standing Master of Social Work graduate program
Contact Us to Learn More
11300 NE 2nd Ave Rm 105, Miami, FL 33161