Bachelor of Science in Emergency Management
The Bachelor of Science in Emergency Management is designed for current emergency management professionals, individuals interested in promotion in a related-field, or those interested in entering the field.
An Online Bachelor of Science in Emergency Management program is also available.
- Graduates will integrate knowledge and applied skills in the areas of disaster mitigation, preparation, response, and recovery.
- Graduates will adapt this knowledge to a series of applications including homeland security, business continuity, hazard mitigation, and international disaster management.
- This integrative approach draws from the disciplines of public administration, management, health sciences, psychology, sociology, criminal justice, and environmental sciences.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive foundation in emergency management and utilize administrative and leadership skills.
- Evaluate different policy options facing decision makers and think critically about future approaches to emergency management.
- Analyze the causes and effects of disasters, and demonstrate the necessary skills and abilities to enter and contribute to the growing emergency management profession.
- Develop knowledge and skills applicable to emergency management, critical infrastructure, and NGO worksites.
- Acquire a foundation for advanced training and studies beyond the undergraduate level.
Course of Study:
DISTRIBUTION REQUIREMENTS: 45 credits
PORTFOLIO (Optional): Up to 30 credits
REQUIRED MAJOR COURSES: 45 credits
Minimum Total Degree Requirements 120 credits
Please contact: Dr. Tim DePalma and Dr. Rick Smith , Dr. Tara Saltzman to discuss suggested changes.