Admission to the Master of Arts in Theology requires the following:
- Completed Application
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited or internationally recognized institution with at least a 3.0 grade point average.
- Sufficient undergraduate preparation or life experience, usually 18 hours of under-graduate theology or religious studies.
- A minimum score of 350 on the Miller Analogies Test or 150 on the Verbal portion of the G.R.E.
- Theology Pre-Test.
- Academic Writing Sample.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- An interview with the members of the Graduate Theology Committee
Transfer of Credit
A maximum of 6 graduate semester hours in Religious Studies or Theology may be transferred from another regionally accredited college or university. Such course work must be relevant to the discipline, with the students having earned a minimum of 3.0 within the seven-year time limitation of the degree. Transfer credit must have the approval of the Chair of the Department.
All new students are required to participate in an orientation program at the start of their studies. The orientation will provide: 1) an overview of the program, 2) an explanation of the various requirements and stages of the program, 3) information and guidance about the resources of Barry University, and 4) an opportunity to meet professors and students in order to be more fully integrated on a personal level in the program.