Regina Moro, PhD
PhD, Counselor Education, The University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Graduate Certificate, Substance Abuse Counseling, The University of North Carolina at Charlotte
MS, Community Counseling, Syracuse University
BA, Sociology, University at Albany, SUNY
Regina Moro joined the Counseling Program in the Adrian Dominican School of Education as Assistant Professor in 2013. She is a Certified Addiction Professional (CAP) in Florida, a Licensed Clinical Addiction Specialist (LCAS) in North Carolina, and a National Certified Counselor (NCC). Her professional interests include substance abuse prevention and intervention, crisis and trauma in medical settings, and multiculturalism and social justice issues in counseling. She has presented numerous workshops at state, regional, national and international conferences. Dr. Moro has also served as Secretary for the International Association of Addiction and Offenders Counseling, a Chi Sigma Iota (CSI) Leadership Fellow, and is currently serving as Chapter Faculty Co-Advisor of the Beta Upsilon Chapter of CSI.
- Veach, L.J., Rogers, J.L., Moro, R.R., & Essic, E.J. (in press). Substance addictions. In D. Capuzzi & M.D. Stauffer (Eds.), Foundations of addictions counseling 3rd (pp., 18-47). Boston, MA: Pearson.
- Veach, L.J., Rogers, J.L., Moro, R.R., Essic, E.J., & McMullen, J.W. (in press). Process addictions. In D.Capuzzi & M.D. Stauffer (Eds.), Foundations of addictions counseling 3rd (pp., 48-65). Boston, MA: Pearson.
- Ivers, N, Veach, L., Moro, R., Rogers, J., & O’Brien, M.C. (In press). Brief alcohol counseling interventions in a trauma setting with Latina/o clients. Annual Review of Addictions and Offender Counseling: Best Practices.
- Moro, R.R., & Scherer, R.G. (2014). Cross-cultural attachment, internationalization, and systems theory: An interview with Kok-Mun Ng, Ph.D. The Family Journal, 22(4), 437-442. doi:10.1177/1066480714534174
- Donald, E. J., & Moro, R.R. (2014). Engaging students and supervisees in achievable social justice: The social justice toolbox. VISTAS 2014. Retrieved from http://www.counseling.org/docs/vistas/article_10.pdf?sfvrsn=3
- Moro, R.R., Kitzinger, R., & Hammonds, D. (2014, October). Lessons learned from using an independent analyst to help complete qualitative dissertations. Content session presented at the Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision 2014 Conference, Birmingham, AL.
- Holman, L., Wilson, A., Graham, J., Moro, R.R., Nelson, J., & Carroll, S. (2014, October). There's a process addictions elephant in the classroom: Do you see it? Content session presented at the Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision 2014 Conference, Birmingham, AL.
- Dongre, L.Z., Veach, L., & Moro, R.R. (2014, October). A call to action: Violence counseling and intervention with youth. Roundtable session presented at the Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision 2014 Conference, Birmingham, AL.
- Alexandre, M., Pearson, J., Valley-Zayas, A., & Moro, R.R. (2014, October). Engaging professional counselors in SBIRT: The time is now! Content session presented at the Florida Counseling Association Conference, Tampa, FL.
- Ng, K.-M., Berwick, A., Scherer, R., & Moro, R.R. (2014, May). Solution-focused counseling supervision. Preconference Learning Institute presented at the International Association for Counseling Conference, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
- Moro, R.R. (2014, April). Brief interventions for the addictions spectrum: Tips and tools for counselors. Invited speaker for the Sunshine Seminar hosted by the Beta Upsilon Chapter of Chi Sigma Iota, Barry University, Miami Shores, FL.