Whether you are preparing to apply or enter a Nurse Anesthesia program, or are just interested in determining whether such a career choice is for you, the Post-Baccalaureate DNP in Anesthesiology at Barry University offers an online, self-paced, 3 credit hour course that is designed to specifically meet these needs. This course introduces and reviews topics critical to success in a Nurse Anesthesia program. Covered topics include:
- Preparing for Nurse Anesthesia education
- Introduction to Nurse Anesthesia
- Mathematics Review
- General Chemistry Review
- Organic Chemistry Review
- Physics for Anesthesia
- Conversions and Calculations
- Pharmacology and Physiology
- Essential Critical Care Concepts
This course will be offered every semester and takes approximately 45 hours of time to complete.
Total cost for this course is $2,985.00. This fee covers tuition and technology. Financial Aid is not available for ANE 695 Transitions into Nurse Anesthesiology. If you change your mind and withdraw on the 6th day of the official start of this course, you will have zero balance in your tuition account. If you choose to withdraw on the 7th day of the official start date, you will be financially responsible for 100% of the course. No exceptions will be considered.
Your withdrawal request must be in writing to the Anesthesiology Program Office at firstname.lastname@example.org Questions about this policy may be directed to the Anesthesiology Program Office at 305-899-3288.
How to Apply:
- Submit an application at www.barry.edu/applynow
- Select the Non-Degree and Certificates tab
- Scroll to Nursing and Health Sciences Graduate (non degree)
- Complete the application form
- Upload your unofficial transcript to your MyBarry account
Answers to common questions:
- This course does not include a lab component.
- Financial aid is not available for ANE 695 Transitions into Nurse Anesthesiology since it is an elective and not a required course.