The Commuter Lounge constitutes the "heart" of the Center for Commuter Student Affairs. It provides a comfortable space for commuter students -- such as yourself -- while you are on campus, so that you can relax between classes in a place you can call your own.
The mission of the Commuter Lounge is to provide you with amenities and services to make you feel as a valued member of the Barry community. It also intends to serve as a convenient place for informal interactions with faculty, staff, alumni, and other students.
Ultimately, the Commuter Lounge aims at becoming a unifying force among commuter students at Barry University.
- An open space to read, study, meet, chat, watch T.V., listen to music, take a nap, etc.
- A private study area (reservations required) for group work and special needs.
- Comfortable couches to sit and relax…or even take a nap between classes!
- Plenty of magazines and journals for your reading entertainment.
- A TV, VCR, DVD player, and stereo. (Feel free to bring in your movies!)
- Internet access (Need a Wi-Fi card? We got it for you!)
- A refrigerator, and microwave to make your lunches and dinners more comfortable.
- A bulletin board featuring events and programs happening at Barry.