Master of Science in Human Resource Development (MSHRD)
Be the One to Lead the HR Transformation
Working in Human Resources (HR), you help employees and organizations to succeed in the market place and reach their highest potential. When you pursue your Master of Science in Human Resource Development (MSHRD) from Barry University, you’ll be doing the same for yourself!
with personalized attention and real-world application
Online, in-person or hybrid
Semester of Entry:
Fall 2021 and
Time to Complete:
Increase your salary:
HRD managers earn a median salary of $116,720*
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2019
In the competitive, dynamic world of HR, an MS in Human Resource Development will prepare you for success. Your degree will provide you with expertise in developing and enhancing individual and organizational learning, talent, and leadership capabilities.
You’ll learn to lead strategically and effectively in the areas of learning and development, talent development, organization development, leadership development, and inclusion and diversity. You’ll graduate more skilled at improving workplace performance through identifying performance gaps and designing strategic evidence-based solutions.
Our program will allow you to explore unique competencies that are not developed in traditional Human Resource Management programs, including:
- Creating impactful learning programs
- Designing e-learning
- Formulating talent and career development strategies
- Improving performance at individual, team, and organizational levels
- Managing organizational change
- Coaching and developing leaders
- Promoting workplace inclusion, equity, and diversity
- Evaluating and measuring results and impact
Seize Opportunities for Growth
With this program in your professional portfolio, you can have an opportunity to:
- Increase your salary. Whether you reach senior leadership or work as a consultant, your MSHRD will provide you with success and security, since HRD managers typically earn a median salary of $116,720. (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2019)
- Connect with an influential network. We’ll introduce you to potential future colleagues and Barry business alumni to place you at an advantage in the job market.
- Expand your career opportunities. You’ll advance your career by becoming a more fitting candidate for growing HR leadership positions.
- Take your degree a step further and intensify your impact. Your MSHRD serves as a solid foundation for the significant achievement of obtaining either an Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) or a Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD). Most people with CPTDs are making a difference as managers and team leaders in for-profit companies.
You can also complete our Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Certification preparation courses to obtain your SHRM certification.
SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification Seminars
We offer 9-week SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification programs that will prepare you for the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification Exams. Earning your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential makes you a recognized expert and leader in the HR field—and a valuable asset to your organization. Along with your graduate degree in Human Resource Development, this professional distinction definitely sets you apart.
Take A Listen To One Of Our Graduates
Apply Immediately to Impact Your Current Workplace
Barry’s Master of Science in Human Resource Development program offers a cutting-edge curriculum that emphasizes best practices and current research. The coursework integrates research with real-world experiences and has a strong skill-building focus. You’ll have the opportunity to learn with scholar-practitioner faculty through project-based learning.
Courses are aligned with competency models put forth by leading professional organizations as the Association for Talent Development (ATD), Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), Organization Development Network (ODN), and International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI).
HRD 644 HRD Theory and Practice
HRD 645 Organizational Communication and Effectiveness
HRD 646 Change and Organization Development
HRD 647 Principles of Instructional and Digital Design
HRD 648 Team Dynamics
HRD 652 Advancing Workplace Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
HRD 653 Talent and Career Development
HRD 659 Adult and Organizational Learning
HRD 667 Training Facilitation and Presentation Skills
HRD 669 Foundations of Organizational Consulting
EDR 601 Methodology of Research
*HRD 678 Practicum in HRD
HRD 679 HRD Internship
*The course holds an official Service-Learning Course designation.
Start Your Coaching Career
Add Professional Coaching Certificate to your Human Resource Development degree.
Find A Scholarship For You
Your academic achievements should be recognized. Don't miss out on a scholarship opportunity. There is a variety of scholar3ships offered through Barry University that can help you achieve your academic goals. There is a fast and easy way to apply for a Barry University scholarship. Explore your options here www.barry.edu/scholarships.