This course is designed to acquaint students with the principles of risk management and various types of insurance including casualty, fire, health, life, auto, home, and disability. The principles taught prepare students to identify a client’s risk exposure and select appropriate risk management techniques.
Refer to the more detailed topic list in CFP Board’s Guide to CFP® Certification.
- Topic 34: Characteristics, Uses and Taxation of Investment Vehicles
- Topic 35: Types of Investment Risk
- Topic 36: Quantitative Investment Concepts
- Topic 37: Measures of Investment Returns
- Topic 38: Bond and Stock Valuation Concepts
- Topic 39: Investment Theory
- Topic 40: Portfolio Development and Analysis
- Topic 41: Investment Strategies
- Topic 42: Asset Allocation and Portfolio Diversification
- Topic 43: Asset Pricing Models