This course provides a complete overview of retirement planning including retirement savings need analysis, qualified retirement plan design, Social Security, Medicare, and more. In addition, group life, health, and disability insurance; non-qualified deferred compensation; and other commonly provided employee benefits are examined.
Refer to the more detailed topic list in CFP Board’s Guide to CFP® Certification.
- Topic 59: Retirement Needs Analysis
- Topic 60: Social Security (Old Age, Survivor, and Disability Insurance, OASDI)
- Topic 61: Types of Retirement Plans
- Topic 62: Qualified Plan Rules and Options
- Topic 63: Other Tax-Advantaged Retirement
- Topic 64: Regulatory Considerations
- Topic 65: Key Factors Affecting Plan Selection for Businesses
- Topic 66: Investment Considerations for Retirement Plans
- Topic 67: Distribution Rules, Alternatives, and Taxation