Chef Hugh Sinclair
Chef Hugh Sinclair is the Executive Chef of Irie Spice, Inc.—Personal Chef & Catering Services which provides service to the Dade, Broward & Palm Beach Counties in South Florida. Chef Hugh was born in the Caribbean on the beautiful island of Jamaica. There he spent his formative years living on a sugar estate with his parents where his dad worked as a bookkeeper and his mother the successful entrepreneur . He emigrated with his family to the United States as a teenager to New York before settling in Florida. Here he graduated with his Bachelor's Degree from the University of Florida's rigorous School of Architecture.
Chef Hugh cooked in college for friends, but neither he nor his friends thought he would make a career of it, but after working several years as an architect, he realized that his true passion was creating new flavors, not new buildings. So he enrolled at Johnson & Wales University in North Miami to embark upon his culinary journey. He graduated with an Associate in Culinary Arts and has worked in several establishments in the South Florida area. Being a personal chef & caterer has allowed Chef Hugh to work with several entertainers, artists, athletes and many of the elite in South Florida.
Honors & special achievements:
- Guest Chef at the Coconut Grove Arts festival, February 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Guest judge & guest host at the Jamaican Jerk Festival, November, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Appeared on NBC-6, South Florida Today Show - 2004, 2005, 2009. 2010
- Appeared on Local 10 News 2009, 2010,
- Winner of Sweet Potato Board recipe Contest, 2009
- Second place finalist in the 2007 "Fiesta Time" Avocado Chef Recipe Contest
- Featured in The Miami Herald, November 2007, Article by Nancy Ancrum
- Featured in South Florida Extra, August 2007
- Featured in Who's Who in Black South Florida, April 2007, 2009
- Winner of the TomatoFest ® International Tomato Recipe Contest, 2005
- Finalist in the American Egg Board Global Flavors Recipe Contest, 2004
- Featured in the Sun-Sentinel, November, 2004, May, 2006
- Member of American Personal & Private Chef Association
- Member of Miami-Dade Chamber of Commerce
To contact Chef Irie Spice, visit the website at www.iriespice.com / www.facebook.com/chefirie or contact him at (954) 557-4742. He provides services throughout South Florida and travels upon request.