During Normal Business Hours
The Counseling Center provides emergency services during our normal business hours. To be seen as a walk-in appointment, please either stop by Landon 105 or call our office at 305-899-3950. Be sure to inform the administrative assistant that you are experiencing a crisis and are requesting a walk-in appointment. Our staff will make every effort to respond to your situation as quickly as possible.
Evenings and Weekends
In an immediate emergency, CALL 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. Otherwise, the following options are available:
- After-Hours On-Call Counselor
If you (or a friend) are experiencing distress and need someone to talk with when the Counseling Center is closed, please contact the Resident Assistant on duty. They will be able to reach the after-hours crisis counselor.
- Public Safety - (305) 899-3333
- Department of Housing and Residential Life - (305) 899-3875
- Switchboard of Miami – (305) 358-HELP (4357)
- ULifeline - 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Florida Poison Information Center 1-800-222-1222
- Roxcy Bolton Rape Treatment Center - (305) 585-7273
- Crisis Text Line - Text Home to 741741
- Miami Shores Police - (305) 759-2468
- Metro Fire-Rescue - (305) 759-2468
- Metro-Dade Police (Non-Emergency) - (305) 595-6263