Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership Online
Credit Hours: 60
The Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership online program from Barry University prepares you for advanced leadership positions in a range of educational institutions from PK-12 through technical/vocational schools.
Educational leaders are creative and competent change agents who are committed to advocacy and action, and are attentive to social justice issues. Therefore, you will receive a solid foundation to lead and transform educational institutions to meet the demands of an evolving, culturally diverse, and technology-rich society.
This accelerated, 60-credit program will help you strengthen and apply your knowledge and experience as an educator. More specifically, you will deepen your reflection on values, trends, and ethical issues in educational leadership.
In this 100 percent online doctoral program, you will study ethical issues in leadership, methods of team building, organizational change, program planning and evaluation, policy development, politics in education, organizational, philosophy of science, university-level teaching and learning, and more. The coursework culminates in a dissertation that will provide valuable field experience prior to earning your degree.
Our student-teacher ratio is small so you always receive personal attention from our distinguished faculty. Working individually and in conjunction with faculty and classmates, you will engage in building a supportive and caring community. From your first semester until the completion of your capstone project, your faculty mentors take a keen interest in your professional development.
Graduates of the EdD in Educational Leadership program will be prepared to:
- Develop ongoing inquiry and innovation around challenges in professional practice
- Evaluate, design, and apply research to make a positive difference in the lives of students, families, and all members of the educational community
- Construct, lead, and change learning organizations and systems that are purposeful, successful, and socially just contexts for learning
- Develop skills and knowledge needed for the effective leadership and management of complex organizations in a global, technological, and culturally diverse society
- Contrast and compare educational issues that affect the educational enterprise
- Design sound, educational policy and practice using data-driven decision making
- Create and sustain a community of leaders committed to collaboration, mutual support, and continuous learning
In order to earn the Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership online, students must complete 18 courses for a total of 60 credits.
To see the full list of EdD in Educational Leadership online courses, view courses.
Students entering the Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership online degree program must hold a master’s degree with a graduate GPA of at least 3.25. Applicants also are required to submit three letters of recommendation and a statement of purpose, and must interview with two faculty members prior to admission.
To learn more about our EdD in Educational Leadership online admission requirements, view admissions.
Students enroll in two classes per semester and take 6 credits. The cost per credit is $699.
To learn more about our EdD in Educational Leadership online tuition, view tuition.
Now accepting applications for August 2020
Upcoming start dates for the EdD in Educational Leadership online, view calendar.