Health Requirements

Student Health Services

Student Health Services Requirements

All Students

  • To protect our student’s health and wellbeing, Barry University strongly recommends that all students remain properly insured with health insurance that provides them full health care benefits in the location they are taking classes or participating clinical rotations.  Barry University is pleased to be able to continue to offer a group health insurance plan to all undergraduate students taking 9 or more credit hours in Fall and Spring and 3 credit hours in Summer, and Graduate students taking 4 or more credit hours each semester. The 2023/24 student insurance will be offered through United Healthcare Student Resources. This coverage provides national coverage throughout the United States.  

  • Fill out the Required Health Form.

  • If your academic program requires specific vaccinations or proof of insurance, please submit all information to your academic compliance personnel in addition to the Student Health Services.

  • Required Immunizations:All students, Graduate and Undergraduates, residing in Campus Housing and All international (F-1 & J-1 visa) students are required to provide medical documentation of the following immunizations and upload their proof of vaccination to the student health portal. Commuters are strongly advised but not required to provide proof of vaccines to health services.

    Certain academic programs require vaccines.  Those students will provide vaccines to their academic program as outlined in their program requirements.  If students are residents and/or International students with a F1 or J1 visa, they are required to submit the vaccines listed below as noted to the student health portal at

    If you need to request a medical or religious exemption from the vaccine requirement, you must contact Student Health Services, and request an exemption form.  If an exemption is granted, an MMR titer will be required.  If there is a diagnosis of one of the illnesses that are prevented by the required vaccines in campus housing, or on campus, you will be required to leave housing, and not be permitted to attend class until there is no longer a risk of contracting the illness. The cost of alternative housing will be your responsibility. Arrangements regarding class absences must be made with your academic programs.

    MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) Required for students in housing and commuting students on an F1 or J1 visa

    MMR / MEASLES, MUMPS, RUBELLA VACCINE - Required for EVERYONE born after December 31, 1956. This combination vaccine is given because it protects from Measles, Mumps and Rubella. One dose must have been received at 12 months age or later the second dose must have been received at least 30 days after the first dose. OR: Provide lab evidence of immunity by doing a blood test to check for antibodies for Measles, Mumps and Rubella. If you do a blood test, you need to provide the results on a lab form that should be uploaded into the student health portal along with your immunization records. ***NOTE: All titers must include a lab report.***

    Hepatitis B

    Hepatitis B   Not required for international students and commuters

    Hepatitis B a serious viral liver infection, prevalent worldwide, that can lead to chronic liver disease and liver cancer. Anyone who encounters the blood or other body fluids (semen, vaginal fluids and saliva) of an infected person is at risk for this disease. The virus can also be spread from mother to baby during pregnancy and delivery. You are encouraged to receive this 3 dose vaccine series. The hepatitis B vaccines are extremely safe and effective and can provide immunity against hepatitis B infection for adults at risk. Students in many academic health programs are required to have this vaccine. Students wishing to decline this vaccine must indicate their intent to waive on the Mandatory Immunization Health History Form. Signing the waiver indicates you understand the possible risk in not receiving this vaccine. If you are under the age of 18 and wish to decline this vaccine, a parent must sign for you.


    Tdap (Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis) AND/OR Td (Tetanus/Diphtheria) Not required for international students and commuters

    One dose of Tdap vaccine is required (begin (beginning in 2008 or after) and must be documented. Td-Booster (required every 10 years). Tdap preferred.

    Meningitis ACWY (Menactra/Menveo) Not required for international students and commuters

    Meningococcal Meningitis VACCINE– Meningococcal Meningitis is a severe form of bacterial meningitis that causes an infection of the brain and spinal cord. This bacterial infection, though rare, may cause severe neurological impairment, partial extremity amputations or even death (10-15 % mortality rate). Barry University requires that all students residing in any/all University housing receive the MCV4 vaccine at age 16 or after. All commuting students may decline this vaccine by signing the waiver that indicates you understand the possible risk in not receiving this vaccine. If you are under the age of 18 and wish to decline this vaccine, a parent must sign for you.

  • Serogroup B Meningococcalvaccine

    MenB-4C (Bexsero®, 2 dose series) MenB-FHbp (Trumenba®, 2 or 3 dose series)

    Varicella (Chickenpox)

    Varicella (Chickenpox) - Provide proof of two doses of Varivax. OR: Provide results of a blood test on a lab form verifying immunity to Chickenpox/Varicella. ***NOTE: All titers must include a lab report* Students in many academic health programs are required to provide proof of these vaccines and/or titer.

    Hepatitis A

    Hepatitis A, HPV, Polio, Other - In the boxes provided in this section you may also list any additional vaccines that were administered. These are not required.

    HPV (Gardasil or Cervarix)

    Polio (last date)

    Tuberculosis Screening: TB Skin Test by PPD (Mantoux)

    Tuberculosis Screening: A Tuberculosis Skin Test by PPD or Mantoux (within the last year) is required for students in many academic health programs.

    Chest X-ray (if positive PPD or lab)

New Students

  • Download the Immunization Record form. Take to health care provider to be completed and signed. Go to and follow the instructions for entering your immunizations. You will have access to the portal after you have submitted your deposit to the University or you have registered for the first time at Barry University.
  • The student health portal is designed to help you manage your immunization requirements quickly and easily. You can use this site to submit various online forms and track your own health history at Student Health Services. Immunizations must be entered into the portal prior to the first day of classes. If you have any difficulty with the portal, please email your records to or call Student Health Services at 305 899-3750 for assistance.
  • Acceptable records of immunizations may be obtained from the following sources:
    • High School records
    • Personal shot records (signed or stamped by a healthcare provider)
    • Health Department or physician records
    • Military documents or World Health Organization documents
    • Previous college or university immunization records (these records do not automatically transfer, you must request a copy)

Please note: All paperwork must be entered into the portal prior to the first day of classes. Failure to provide documentation will delay the registration process for subsequent semesters and will impact your campus housing.

All vaccinations are available at a reduced rate in Student Health Services. If you are insured by the University endorsed student insurance plan, United Health Care Student Resources insurance, all vaccinations are covered at 100%. If you have private insurance, it is in the students’ best interest to receive the vaccinations at an outside provider. Although the vaccinations are available in Student Health Services All financial responsibility for vaccinations will be the responsibility of the student since Student Health does not accept 3rd party reimbursement from insurance plans other than the endorsed student health plan, UHCSR. Fees for vaccinations will be deferred to the student account.

If your immunizations records are written in a foreign language, please have them translated through a reputable translation service prior to submission to the SHS.

Please make duplicate copies of all records and information you send to Student Health Services for your personal files.

Current Students

Immunization History Record 

  • To retrieve your current Immunization History Record once you have registered for classes and uploaded your immunization forms to the Student Health Portal please log onto
  • Print an immunization record from the portal

If you would like your Immunization History Record officially stamped, please visit Student Health Services in Landon 104.

Sign in to use the pins