Help For Someone Accused of Sexual Misconduct

What do I do if I am accused of sexual misconduct?

Do not contact the complainant. Contact the Office of the Dean of Students who will explain the University’s procedures for addressing sexual misconduct complaints, explain the rights and responsibilities of the Complainant and the Respondent, explain the prohibition against retaliation, and explain the grievance process.

What rights do I have if I am accused of sexual misconduct?

  • You have the right to receive notice of the allegations and an opportunity to be heard and present your side and any witnesses that you identify in support of your side.
  • You have the right to a prompt and equitable investigation. You will have the opportunity to fully provide your side to the investigator.
  • If there is a student conduct board hearing, you have the right to an advisor of your choice.