Why Choose Barry?
The Barry University Physician Assistant Program is dedicated to producing ethical, caring, and well-prepared physician assistants. As a PA student, you will spend part of your training in underserved and disadvantaged communities, with an emphasis on primary care. The program also works to give you sufficient knowledge of scientific research design and statistics to read and intelligently interpret medical literature.
Barry University’s Mission includes the core commitments of knowledge and truth; inclusive community; social justice; and collaborative service which are reinforced in the program curriculum.
Barry University Physician Assistant Program:
- Utilizes innovative technology to conduct instructional education via interactive videoconferencing (IAV).
- Conducts a 40 hour total Immersion Medical Spanish course for all students.
- Provides the opportunity for clinical rotations in divers/underserved communities.
- Contains a diverse student population amongst the three campuses.
- Have strong affiliations with community hospitals and health organizations in Miami, St. Petersburg, and St. Croix.
All candidates who successfully complete the program will be awarded both the Master of Clinical Medical Science degree and the Physician Assistant Certificate.
We have affiliation agreements with such hospitals as:
- All Children’s Hospital
- Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Aventura Hospital and Medical Center
- Baptist Hospital of Miami
- Bay Pines VA Medical Center
- Cleveland Clinic
- Florida Hospital
- Gov. Juan F Luis Hospital & Medical Center
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute
- Holy Cross Hospital
- Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital
- Miami Children's Hospital
- Miami VA Healthcare System
- Morton Plant Hospital
- Schneider Regional Medical Center
- Shriners Hospitals for Children
- St. Thomas East End Medical Center