The Office of Admissions reviews applications and notifies applicants of missing credentials, but the responsibility for obtaining all admission credentials rests with the applicant. Completed applications are reviewed as soon as all credentials are received. The Office of Admissions will notify the applicant of the decision in writing.
An enrollment deposit is required in order to reserve a space in the entering class. The University has a commitment to admit only qualified students. Once credentials are submitted to the Office of Admissions in the Division of Enrollment Management, they become the property of Barry University and will not be surrendered. Photocopies of credentials will not be made from the student file. Any concealment by an applicant of previous college registration or previous academic or disciplinary record in a secondary school or college will immediately cancel and nullify the admissions process at Barry University.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to take required tests and have the results forwarded to Barry University and to make sure all credentials required are supplied to the Office of Admissions. No action will be taken on any application until all application credentials have been received. Applications must be processed and acceptance verified no later than 10 days prior to the published date of registration for the semester in which the student wishes to matriculate.
Barry University accepts applications on a rolling basis. However, it is in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. Please note that general admission to Barry University does not guarantee acceptance into all academic programs. Consult the academic requirements for your academic area of interest.
First Year Applicants
Applicants who have never attended a college or university, and applicants who are coming to Barry with less than 12 hours of transferable college credits are considered first year applicants. First year applicants are required to complete the following application process:
- Complete the online undergraduate application, or print out and complete the Application for Admission.
- Submit the non-refundable application fee (online application fee waived, $30.00/paper application) made payable by check or money order to Barry University.
- Submit official transcripts from all secondary and post secondary institutions.
- Submit official SAT or ACT scores (applies to students under the age of 21). The Barry University code for SAT I: 5053; ACT: 0718.
- If you have completed a G.E.D., forward the official results of that examination and the official high school transcripts documenting your secondary education.