Your 21st birthday is a great occasion, something you have probably been waiting for since your teens. We know you will want to remember this birthday, but we ask that you "party smart". There are many ways to have fun that do not involve getting drunk. Trying for "21 at 21" only gets you sick and is behavior that is anything but adult. To help keep you safe, free from embarrassing interactions the following day, and to be able to really act your age, consider the following:
- If you are drinking, alternate your alcoholic drink with water or other non-alcoholic drink.
- Eat a hearty and healthy meal before you drink and snack through the evening.
- Go out with a group of friends and designate at least one person who will be sober the entire time.
- Slow down. Do not drink more than one alcoholic drink per hour.
- Set a limit for the night and stick to it.
- Arrange for a safe way to get home before you begin your night.