The Spanish minor program is designed for students who wish to enhance their chosen field of study. Think about it, as a Barry University student you will have an excellent opportunity to study a useful international foreign language, regardless of your major. A minor in Spanish or French will:
- Open new doors in your chosen career.
- Enhance your knowledge of another culture.
- Widen your horizons about values, history, and behavior in a second country.
- Enable you to communicate in more than one language in the field of business, government, law, or international relations to communicate with clients, diplomats, and employees.
- Provide personal health care to thousands of patients around the world if you enter the health care professions.
- Enhance your ability to pursue job opportunities in multiple fields of communication including newspapers, magazines, radio, television, and the Internet.
Minor in Spanish Requirements
The minor in Spanish consists of 21 credit hours or 15 credits at the 300 or above level, whichever comes first. Students will choose any Spanish courses based on their level of proficiency in accordance with the placement test.