All new hires will be required to complete onboarding activities prior to their start date. A new hire notification email will be sent to all new hires with instructions on how to login to the Barry network and Workday.
Onboarding activities in Workday may include:
- Review contact and personal information
- Provide emergency contact information
- Enter direct deposit information
- Complete the federal withholding elections (W-4)
- Complete the employment eligibility verification (Form I-9). Employees are required to present valid identification to HR within 3 business days of hire date (the hire date means the first day of work for pay). Click here for a list of acceptable documents that establish both identity and employment authorization to work in the United States. Failure to comply will result in immediate termination of employment in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
- Policy review and acknowledgement
- Acknowledge privacy and security agreement
- Obtain parking decal. More information on how to receive a Miami Shores campus parking decal.
- Select benefit elections
- Photo upload
- Paychecks are issued to exempt (salaried) employees on a semi-monthly basis (15th and last day of each month).
- Paychecks are issued to non-exempt (hourly) employees on a bi-weekly basis (every other Friday).
- To view the payroll calendar on our intranet site.
- All employees will be paid electronically via their direct deposit or by a VISA payroll card.
At the completion of your onboarding activities, you may obtain your university employment identification.
- For Miami Shores new hires, please visit the Student Union office, room 103, located in the R. Kirk Landon Student Union building on N Miami Avenue. Click here for the Miami Shores campus map. Visit the Student Union website for information about your employment ID card, also known as the BUC Card.
- For Law School new hires, please visit the IT office, room 113, located in the Euliano Law Library building. The Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law campus map.
For assistance with your new hire activities please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.