Sanja Zivanovic, PhD
Assistant Chair of Mathematics and Computer Science, Professor of Mathematics
- Ph.D in Mathematics, University of Miami, Miami, FL, 2009
- M.S. in Mathematics, University of Miami, Miami, FL, 2006
- B.S. in Mathematics and Computer Science, Barry University, Miami Shores, FL, 2004
Joined Barry in 2011.
- MAT 091 Developmental Math I
- MAT 095 Developmental Math III
- MAT 109 Precalculus I
- MAT 110 Precalculus II
- MAT/CS 204 Introduction to Data Analysis
- MAT 211 Calculus I
- MAT 212 Calculus II
- MAT 213 Calculus III - Service-Learning
- MAT 310 Advanced Calculus I
- MAT 311 Advanced Calculus II
- MAT 332 Linear Algebra
- MAT 456 Numerical Analysis
- MAT 395 Research
- MAT 495 Research
Numerical analysis, dynamical systems, differential equations, analysis, mathematical modeling.
Selected Research Publications
- Geretti L., Živanović Gonzalez S., Collins P., Bresolin D., Villa T. Rigorous Continuous Evolution of Uncertain Systems. In: Zamani M., Zufferey D. (eds) Numerical Software Verification. NSV 2019. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 11652, pp. 60-75. Springer, Cham (2019)
- S. Zivanovic and S. Armstrong. Game Coding to Initiate an Inchoate Interest in Computer Science in Middle-School Girls. Proceedings of 2018 IEEE STCBP Conference on Research on Equity and Sustained Participation in Engineering, Computing, and Technology (RESPECT 2018).
- L. Geretti, D. Bresolin, P. Collins, S. Zivanovic Gonzalez and T. Villa. Ongoing Work on Automated Verification of Noisy Nonlinear Systems with Ariadne. Proceedings of the 29th International Conference on Testing Software and Systems (ICTSS), St. Petersburg, Russia, October 9-11, (2017).
- J. Dasilva, R. Schiller, R. Jimenez, S. Zivanovic Gonzalez. Unmanned Aerial Vehicle-Based Automobile License Plate Recognition System for Institutional Parking Lots. Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics: JSCI Vol. 15, no. 5(2017) pp 39-43.
- S. Zivanovic Gonzalez, L. Kapitanski. Continuous Limit in Dynamics with Choice. Difference Equations, Discrete Dynamical Systems and Applications, Springer Proceedings in Mathematics and Statistics (2016), pp 267-296.
- S. Zivanovic Gonzalez, P. Collins. Computing Reachable Sets of Differential Inclusions. Coordination Control of Distributed Systems. Springer Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences. Vol. 456 (2015).
- L. Kapitanski, S. Zivanovic Gonzalez. Attractors in Hyperspace. Journal Topological Methods in Nonlinear Analysis Vol. 44 No. 1 (2014) 199-228.
- L. Kapitanski, S. Zivanovic Gonzalez. Variable Time Step Dynamics With Choice. Journal of Dynamics and Differential Equations Vol. 26 No. 3 (2014) 745-779.
W. Azaizeh, M. Giannotti, D. Vasylieva, M. Wise, S. Zivanovic. MESAplot: Python-based GUI for easily plotting MESA data. Released August 2014.
External Support And Honors
- American Association for University Women (AAUW) - Community Action Grant: Awarded $10,000 (2018-2020).
- Miami Dade County Science and Arts Summer Camp Grant Program (SAS-C): Awarded $6,357. (2018)
- Excellence in teaching award by the National Society for Leadership and Success (2017)
- Member of SEP Fiscal Planning Group [2020-present]
- Faculty Senator (2019-present)
- Chair of Rank and Promotion Committee [2020-present]
- Co-chair of Welfare Committee [2019-2020]
- Member of Executive committee of the Faculty Senate (2019-2020)
- Member of Enrollment, Registration, and Orientation Steering Committee (2018-2019
- Member of Joint Distance Education Subcommittee of Undergraduate and Graduate Councils (2018-present)
- Faculty Senate - Elected Senator (2013-2016), Elected Senate Committee Member (2016-2018)
- Director of annual Barry Math Olympiad for high school students (2016-present)
- Program Director of Barry University suCCess Summer Coding Camp (2016-present)
- STEM committee member (2015-present)
- STEM LLC (Living and Learning community) committee member (2014-present)
- Co-supervisor of the Astro, Math and Physics (AMP) student club
Memberships In Professional Organizations And Professional Service
- AWM – Association for Women in Mathematics
- AMS - American Mathematical Society
- IEEE - Computer Society Technical Community on Broadening Participation
- Reviewer - NSF, World Multi-Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics And Informatics, SIGCSE (Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education)