Offering a physics minor, this program equips STEM students with the critical skills for success in their chosen disciplines.
The study of physics helps you seek and recognize the underlying physical principles in observation of the environment. At Barry, physics courses are designed to meet the needs of students concentrating in science, mathematics, pre-engineering, and the allied health areas. We also provide opportunities for liberal arts students to see the world around them with new understanding.
Why You'll Love Our Program
- Direct faculty mentorship
- Opportunities to conduct, co-author, and present research alongside accomplished faculty
- Service-learning and community outreach
- Social and professional networking events
- High-tech, labs
Annual STEM Symposium
Alongside your fellow STEM students, this annual event is your time to shine by presenting your research to the greater Barry community and beyond!
By the Numbers: Student Accomplishments
- 70% of our students earn acceptance to graduate or professional school.
- Since 2006, 40 physics and chemistry undergraduate students have co-authored faculty papers published in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Since 2006, 197 research presentations were conducted at national (44%), international (3%), and state or local (53%) science conferences by 74 undergraduate chemistry or physics research students.
- Since 2008, 36 students participated in 47 externally funded summer research internships at Barry (28%) or other institutions throughout the nation (79%), including: Cornell University, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Vanderbilt Center for Neuroscience and Drug Discovery, University of Cambridge, University of California, Brown University, University of Nebraska, University of Miami, and many others.