The Department of Psychology coordinates activities to give students experience outside of the classroom:
The psychology club provides community service opportunities that allow students to enhance their personal and professional development. For more information on Barry’s club, e-mail Dr. Pamela Hall at phall@ barry.edu or 305-899-3272.
Psi Chi is the National Honor Society in psychology, which was founded in 1929 for the purpose of promoting excellence in scholarship and advancing the science of psychology. Membership is open to graduate and undergraduate men and women who are making the study of psychology one of their major interests and who meet the qualifications listed below for admission to Barry’s chapter. For more information about the national organization, visit www.psichi.org. For more information on Barry's chapter of the Honor Society, e-mail Dr. David Feldman at dfeldman@ barry.edu or call 305-899-4575.
Undergraduate Psi Chi Qualifications:
- Completion of at least 3 semesters
- Completion of 9 semester hours of psychology at Barry
- Registration for a major or minor in psychology
- 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA
- 3.0 minimum Psychology GPA (including MAT 152)
- Class rank in upper 35th percentile
- High standards of personal behavior
Barry University's Alumni Association provides many benefits, discounts, services, and activities for the Barry community. For more information, go to www.barry.edu/alumni.