I am honored to serve as the dean of the D. Inez Andreas School of Business and I want to personally thank you for visiting the School of Business. In a world in which change is the only constant, and people and organizations need to constantly adapt, the Andreas School of Business provides you with the opportunities to acquire relevant skills, knowledge, and a professional network, that will propel you into the successful business or public service career of your choice.
Here is our value proposition to you:
- An education that engages learners in doing business and not just learning about business. Our distinctive action-based learning programs and courses, including Barry Management Consulting, the Student Managed Investment Fund (SMIF), the BE (Barry Entrepreneurship) Lab, connect students to industry practice through real-world projects, internships, networking, and mentorship opportunities.
- Dedicated, caring, and accomplished expert-faculty, who are fully invested in the success of every student. Our faculty represent an ideal blend of academic qualifications (i.e. terminal degrees and active research agendas in their areas of expertise), and industry and public sector experience, which they leverage to the benefit of our students, in and outside the classroom.
- A learner-centered mission. We take pride in providing a transformative student experience anchored in a strong liberal arts core and a wonderful Dominican heritage that develops leaders holistically and enables them to better understand the human experience.
- A strong commitment to diversity, inclusiveness and social justice. We are a truly welcoming place to students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds, and dedicated to serving others and to promoting a global world view. We believe in business as a force for good and in educating our students to be the catalyst of positive social impact.
- A wide network of alumni, business, and community leaders and career services. Our active alumni are fully committed to giving back, and support our students through facilitating industry contacts, internships, mentoring, and career opportunities.
- AACSB International accredited business programs. The AACSB International accreditation represents the highest standards of achievement for business programs around the world. It is a hallmark of excellence that is widely recognized by employers, certifying that we have processes in place to ensure a high-quality business education.
- A vibrant business and entrepreneurial ecosystem. We are located in beautiful Miami, Florida, a city known for its diverse culture, warm climate, and leadership in banking, finance, international trade, entrepreneurship, and sports and entertainment.
Through all we do, we are here to serve you and help you realize your potential, adapt and thrive in a world of accelerated technological, economic, social, and environmental change. Do not hesitate to let us know how we can best serve you. I look forward to welcoming you to the D. Inez Andreas School of Business Family. Go BUCS!
Bogdan Daraban, Ph.D.