If you have a foot or leg wound that has not healed for at least four weeks, you may be eligible to participate in a clinical research study that investigates a new product that may aid in the healing process. Barry University Clinical Research at the School of Podiatric Medicine’s Foot and Ankle Institute specializes in healing all types of lower extremity wounds and may be able to help.
We are looking for:
- Adults age 18 or older
- People with diabetes mellitus (Type 1 or Type 2) or ulcers caused by varicose veins
- Ulcer is on foot or on leg below the knee
- The current ulcer has not healed within the last 30 days
Reasons to join a clinical trial
- Innovative therapies
- Includes comprehensive evaluations, laboratory exams, and cutting-edge therapies
- Contributes to the advancement of medical research
- No medical insurance is required
- No out-of-pocket costs
- You may be reimbursed for time and travel
For years, South Florida residents have benefited significantly from participation in clinical trials with Barry University Clinical Research. People volunteer for many different reasons. Many have wounds that have not healed for some time. Some participants do not have insurance or find that they are underinsured. Some get involved to help advance scientific research. Please contact us to learn more about your eligibility for the study.
For More Information
If you or someone you know is interested in joining a study, please call Maria Swartz, Clinical Research Coordinator, at 305-836-7550.
The Barry University Clinical Research office is in the Jackson North Medical Plaza, 16800 NW 2nd Avenue, Suite 202, North Miami Beach, FL 33169.