The David Brinkley Television Studio has a state-of-the-art switcher, DVE (Digital Video Editor), Teleprompter, audio facilities, and a three camera studio. For post-production work, the studio has three editing suites, featuring a new digital editing suite which gives 21st century production capabilities. When on location video production is needed, the studio has portable tripods, lighting kits, and seven field cameras.
WBUJ is Barry University's campus radio station, broadcast on 99.5 FM.
We play all kinds of music, from hip-hop to classic rock, classical to inner city blues. Other programming includes sports shows, talk shows, daily news (12:00 - 12:30 p.m.), and much more!
WBUJ wants you! We are always looking for people who want to host their own show and gain experience in news, sports, and marketing. WBUJ is open to students, alumni, staff, and faculty of Barry University, as well as residents of Miami Shores.
All positions require a commitment of at least four hours a week. Training is provided.
- DJs and Hosts: Host your own show. You'll need knowledge of a music, talk, or spiritual genre.
- Reporters: Collect and deliver the news. You'll need an interest in current events, sports, or public affairs.
- Producers: Make commercials, public service announcements, and station IDs.
- Marketing: Negotiate contracts and bring in the money. You'll need an interest in business.
- Promotions: Plan events, design flyers, and write press releases.
- Field DJs: Learn how to run your own parties and become the next South Beach sensation! At least one semester's experience as a WBUJ DJ is requrired.
- Management: Paid positions, open to Barry University students only. Application deadline is June 30.