For students who do not have master's degrees in one of the specialization areas, Early and Middle Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Reading, Literacy and Cognition, or TESOL, the advisor may require master's level courses in the area, which will not be applied towards the doctoral degree prior to admission to the program.
Curriculum & Instruction (PhD)
Curriculum and Instruction (PhD) Admissions Prerequisites
Pre-requisites must be completed before enrolling in any course where they are specified. These are as follows:
- HSE 703: Philosophy of Science and Theory Development is a prerequisite for HSE 705, HSE706, HSE 707, and EDU 736.
- HSE 708: Advanced Qualitative Methods, is a prerequisite for HSE 708.
- HSE 705: Qualitative Methods of Inquiry, OR HSE 707, Quantitative Methods of Inquiry, for RES 750, Applied Research in Education.
- EDU 607: Beginning Reading in the Primary Years, is a prerequisite for EDU 721.
- TSL 506: Applied Linguistics, is the prerequisite for TSL 738.
- TSL 517: Testing and Evaluation of ESOL, is the prerequisite for TSL 770.