Each Spring and Fall Semester, accepted nursing students have the potential to be awarded this scholarship while enrolled at Barry University. This scholarship award is dependent upon acceptance into the nursing program and acceptance into the Baptist Health Scholars program.
As a scholarship recipient, you will
- Experience clinical learning at one of the most highly-rated health systems in South Florida
- Enjoy a fast-paced, challenging professional practice environment in a hospital recognized for nursing excellence
- Participate in an accredited Nurse Residency Program recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Explore an opportunity for employment upon successful completion of program and licensure
- Attend classes at one of the beautiful Baptist Hospital campuses in West Kendall, South Miami, Coral Gables or Homestead, Florida
- Baptist Health will award students who are accepted into the Scholars Program up to 50% of their tuition each semester.
- Florida residents may be eligible for additional grants to help offset out-of-pocket expenses.
How it Works
Once you are accepted into Barry University's BSN program, you will be provided with an application for the Baptist Health Scholars Program. You will submit the scholarship application directly to Baptist Health. Baptist will review all applications, and selected candidates will be contacted for a face-to-face interview. Scholarships are granted prior to the beginning of Spring and Fall classes.