Policies and Procedures
Requests for the Landon Student Union facilities by the Division of Student Affairs take priority over any departments and outside groups. Room requests from any other departments or outside groups will not be approved until 2 months prior to the event date.
- Requests for the Landon Student Union facilities are processed by the Student Union Office Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5pm. These hours are subject to change during recess and summer sessions.
- To request space online, faculty and staff can log onto the Event Management System (EMS) on BUCWIS (Barry’s intranet website).
- Stop by the Student Union Office, located in Landon 103, to also receive instructions.
- To request space by phone: Call the Student Union Office (305) 899-4900.
Space will not be considered "officially confirmed" until the patron completes and submits a request through the Event Management system (EMS) and receives a confirmation letter, via email, from the student union. The following list is the official procedure for reserving space:
- All space requests must be entered through the online (EMS) calendar.
- Requests from student organizations must be entered by an employee.
- Space requests must be submitted at least 5 business-days in advance.
- Any space requests less than 5 business-days before the event cannot be guaranteed.
- All space requests are reserved on a "first come, first serve basis."
- Allow up to two days for a request to be processed, unless there are pending issues.
- Changes to your reservation (room setup, A/V or technical requirements) must be communicated to the Student Union Office/Audio Visual within two days of your event.
- Cancellations must be made two days before your event and should be communicated to the Student Union Office via phone or email.
- Please note the total number of attendees must not exceed the designated capacity of the spaces(s).
Misrepresentation of an Event or Guests
Any misrepresentation of an event will result in the cancellation of the event(s) and/or the loss of privileges in the Landon Student Union building.
The Landon Student Union staff has the right to enter an event to ensure that there are no violations of the union's policy and to ensure a safe and successful event. Any guest of the union facilities may not be disruptive or disturb other guests and employees of the union. Excessive noise or other disruptive behavior will not be tolerated, and the Student Union Office will have any person disrupting the union operation and union events removed. Excessive noise or other disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. The Student Union Office staff will have any person disrupting the union operation and union events removed. All union facilities are non-smoking buildings. If a guest is found to be smoking in any room, they will be asked to leave immediately.
Use of the Student Union Equipment
A client is held liable for all equipment reserved for an event/meeting and the use of any audio/visual equipment, furniture, or any other equipment belonging to the Student Union. If there are any damages during a client's event or meeting, the client will be assessed a fee equal to the repair or replacement of the damaged equipment.
All decorations must be pre-approved by the student union office. Tables do not come with table cloths. Table cloths can be requested through catering services. Balloons must have weights or be tied to centerpieces/chairs. Clients may not tape, nail, or thumb-tack any items to the floor, wall, or ceiling. You may not use the fixtures of ceilings to hang or otherwise attach items. Please note that any types of candles, lanterns, or open flames are prohibited from all student union facilities. The following is a list of banned decorations for the student union facilities:
- Tape, nails, screws, thumb tacks, glue, adhesive putty
- Candles or any open flame
- Fog and smoke/haze machines
- Fountains or any water machine
- Glitter, confetti, and sand