SEPP/MBA Dual Degree
This dual degree program, within the Department of Sport & Exercise Sciences and the School of Business, allows students to receive a Master’s in Movement Science and Master’s in Business Administration combined, in a fraction of the time.
Master of Human Performance and Wellness: Sport, Exercise, & Performance Psychology
- The only program of its kind in Florida.
- Community service, application, and research opportunities with faculty and fellow students.
- A South Florida location, providing year-round sport, exercise, and performance activities ideal for hands-on experience.
- The option to choose between an applied track for a more hands-on experience, a thesis track for a research-based option, or a dual track (combined thesis and applied).
- Merit-based scholarships for applicants with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- Personal attention from distinguished faculty in small classes.
- Full-and part-time options available.
- Preparation for CMPC certification with the Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AASP).
Master of Business Administration
- A high-quality, student-friendly and caring environment.
- Internationally accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- Located in a dynamic and vibrant center of global trade and finance.
- Student-centered approach to learning, small class sizes, and outstanding faculty.
- Applied track or Thesis track/MBA: 60 credit-hours OR
- Applied AND Thesis Track/MBA: 69 credit-hours
SES CORE (6)
- SES 546 Qualitative Analysis in Biomechanics 3
- SES 616 Research Methodology in SES 3
SPORT, EXERCISE & PERFORMANCE PSYCHOLOGY (SEPP) (18)
- SES 537 Sport Psychology3
- SES 625 Motor Learning and Control 3
- SES 662 Exercise Psychology 3
- SES 673 Professional Ethics in Sport, Exercise, & Performance Psychology 3
- PSY 531 Psychological Disorders 3
**Plus a choice of one of the following electives (3 credit hours minimum)
- CSL 652 Individual Counseling Procedures 3
- PSY 620 Behavior Modification 3
- PSY 526 Health Psychology 3
- PSY 594 Physiology and Treatment of Substance Abuse 3
- PSY 639 Introduction to Neuropsychology 3
TO SATISFY THE SEPP APPLIED TRACK COMPONENT (9)
- SES 660 Performance Enhancement Psychology 3
- SES 677 Sport, Exercise & Performance Psychology Service Delivery 3
- SES 678 Sport, Exercise, & Performance Psychology Professional Practice 3
Students may choose to enroll in both applied and research components adding 9 credits to their academic program.
TO SATISFY THE RESEARCH COMPONENT (9)
- SES 624 Advanced Statistics for Sport & Exercise Science 3 OR
- SES 630 Qualitative Research in SES 3
- SES 689 Thesis I 3
- SES 690 Thesis II 3
MS SEPP Total (33 applied or 42 applied and thesis)
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) REQUIREMENTS
- MBA 603 International Business 3
- MBA 617 Technology & Information Systems 3
- MBA 621 Managerial Finance 3
- MBA 646 Marketing in a Dynamic Environment 3
- MBA 660 Managerial Accounting 3
- MBA 681 Economics for Strategic Decisions 3
- MBA 682 Strategy Formulation, Implementation & Entrepreneurship 3
- MBA 683 Leadership and Advanced Management Concepts 3
- MBA 692 Social, Legal and Ethical Aspects of Business 3
MBA Total (27) Program Total 60 Credits (applied) or 69 Credits (applied & thesis)