Why Sport, Exercise, and Performance Psychology at Barry?
Barry's graduate program in Sport, Exercise, and Performance Psychology can offer you a number of distinct advantages, including:
- Development of knowledge and skills in your interest areasthrough strong faculty mentoring.
- A 7:1 student-faculty ratio, ensuring you will receive personalized attention.
- Advising focused on the selection of courses, research topics, and practicum experiences that will advance your career goals.
- Evening classes, scheduled to meet the needs of working professionals.
- Supervision of applied experiences by a faculty member who is an AASP (Association for Applied Sport Psychology) certified consultant, enabling you to count your total supervised hours towards certification as a sport psychology consultant.
If you have already decided that Barry's sport, exercise and performance psychology program is the right one for you, you can apply online now. You can also request additional information or schedule a visit.
Emphasis on Application. Barry's Sport, Exercise, and Performance Psychology degree emphasizes applied techniques that directly benefit members of immediate and extended communities. The program provides you with the foundation and opportunities to attend and present atprofessional symposia. You will also have access to unique opportunities for applied experiences through hands-on assignments in your classes. Barry's state-of-the-art laboratory instrumentation includes:
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Galvanic Skin Response (GSR)
- Evoked Related Potentials (ERP)
- Respiration Breathing (RB)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Skin Temperature (ST).
- Heart Rate (HR)
Holistic Approach. You will explore a variety of research techniques and methodologies, ensuring that you have a broad foundation. The program balances two perspectives to provide you with a holistic view of human movement behavior:
- Psychophysiological, grounded in biofeedback obtained in Barry's Performance Behavior Lab, and
- Psychosocial, grounded in analyses based on interviews, narratives, and surveys.
With the assistance of Barry's experienced faculty, you will learn to pursue your applied and research goals from a:
- quantitative perspective, based in statistical analysis, and
- qualitative perspective, based in human narrative analysis.
Ideal Location. Barry is conveniently located in the village of Miami Shores, between the cities of Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Our location, just minutes away from the Atlantic beaches, provides excellent opportunities for interaction with people from diverse cultures, nationalities, and ethnicities, potentially enhancing your research. The South Florida area is known for its year-round sport opportunities.
Accommodating Working Professionals
Classes are scheduled to best accommodate students who work full-time. Students can complete degree programs in a short time frame without sacrificing quality instruction. Courses are offered in the evenings. The semester is structured so as to allow for enrollment in several courses.
Contact Us. If the benefits of earning your Sport, Exercise, and Performance Psychology degree at Barry sound appealing, you can start your application right now. You can also contact us with any questions or to schedule a visit. We look forward to seeing you!