- Create admissions profile
- Check on application status
Connect with us
Graham Shaw, PhD
Academic rank and title:
- 1979 - 1983. Bristol Polytechnic.
- 1983 - 1987. Aston University. Birmingham.
Prior Teaching Experience:
- 1987 - 1989. Postdoctoral research assistant. Department of Pharmacy, Aston University.
- 1989 – 1991. Lecturer. School of Life Sciences, University of North London.
- 1991 – 1999. Senior Lecturer. School of Health & Sports Sciences, University of North London.
- 1999 – 2002. Associate Professor of Biochemistry, The California College of Podiatric Medicine.
- 2002 – 2008. Associate Professor of Biochemistry, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Barry University, Miami Shores, Florida.
- 2008 – 2011. Professor of Biochemistry, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Barry University, Miami Shores, Florida.
- 2011 – present. Professor of Biochemistry, School of Podiatric Medicine, Barry University, Miami Shores, Florida.
- 2003 – 2008. Outstanding Scholarship Award, Barry University
- 1999 - present The British Society for Gastroenterology.
- 2011 - present. National Professional Science Masters Association.
- 2003 – 2006. Member of the Communication and Information Technology Committee of the Faculty Senate, Barry University.
- 2004 - 2007; Elected to Barry University Faculty Senate as SNHS representative.
- 2004 - 2005; Barry University Grants Leaves and Sabbaticals Committee Co-Chair.
- 2005 - 2006; Barry University Grants Leaves and Sabbaticals Committee Chair.
- 2005 – 2008; Barry University Academic Affairs Committee of the Faculty Senate.
- 2005 – 2008; Barry University Graduate Council.
- 2007 – present; Curriculum/Advisory Committee: Histotechnology Specialization.
- 2008 – 2009; Faculty Evaluation Council; School of Podiatric Medicine.
- 2008 – 2011; Faculty Evaluation Council; College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
- 2009 – present. Appointed by the President of Barry University to the University Institutional Effectiveness Committee for SACS accreditation.
- 2011 – present; Director of the Medical Biotechnology Masters Program: A Professional Science Masters.
- 2012 - present; Barry University Graduate Council.
- 2013 – present; School of Podiatric Medicine Curriculum Committee.
- Morewitz, S. Shaw, G.P., Clark, J., Mullins, S. (2004). A survey of podiatric students' computer literacy. Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association. 94, 375 - 381.
- Morewitz, S., Shaw, G.P., Clark, J.R. and Mullins, S. (2005) Podiatric Medical Students’ Evaluation of a Computerized Student-Patient Encounter Log System. Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association. 95: 556-563.
- Shaw, G.P. (2005). The changing role of faculty. In C. Howard, J. Boetcher, L. Justice, K. Schenk, G. Berg and P. Rogers (Eds.), The Encyclopedia of Distance Education. Hershey, PA. The Idea Group Reference.
- Riedel, A.E., Thetford, W.H., Shaw. G.P. (2007). Innovations in Medical Education. Annals of Behavioral Sciences and Medical Education. 13 (1): 16 – 19.
- Shaw, G.P. (2009). The changing role of faculty. In C. Howard, J. Boetcher, L. Justice, K. Schenk, G. Berg and P. Rogers (Eds.), The Encyclopedia of Distance Education. 2nd Edn. Hershey, PA. The Idea Group Reference.
- Highlander, P. and Shaw, G.P. (2010). Current pharmacotherapeutic concepts for the treatment of cardiovascular disease in diabetics. Therapeutic Advances in Cardiovascular Disease. 4: 43-54.
- Velis, E., Shaw, G.P., and Whiteman, A.S. (2010). Victim’s profile analysis reveals homicide affinity for minorities and the youth. Journal of Injury and Violence Research. 2 (2): 67 – 74.
- Shaw, G.P., and Molnar, D. (2011). Non-native English language speakers benefit most from the use of lecture capture in medical school. Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Education. 39 (6): 416 – 420.
- Shaw, G.P. and Molnar, D. (2012). Articulate lecture capture improves learning for non-native English language speakers. Proceedings of the EduLearn12 Conference. Barcelona, Spain July 2nd – 4th. Pp 2650 – 2655. ISBN 978-84-695-3491-1.
- Sesodia, S., Molnar, D. and Shaw, G.P. (2012). Can we predict 4 - year graduation in Podiatric Medical School using admission data? Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association. 102: 463 – 470.
- Shaw, G.P., Velis, E. and Molnar D. (2012). Can we predict Podiatric Medical School GPA using an admission screen? Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association. 102: 499 - 504.
- Shaw, G.P. (2013). Measuring teaching effectiveness or not. Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association. 103: 94 - 6.
- Hu, X and Shaw G (2013) Differentiation signaling induced by retinoic acid and vitamin D3 in Myeloid Cells: Biology & Regulation, Role in Cancer Progression and Potential Implications for Therapy. Nova publications.
Scientific and Research Presentations:
- Morewitz, S.J., Tata, S., Shaw, G.P., Trathen, E. (2007). Age, racial, and gender differences in diabetes mellitus-related impairment and ankle pain and stiffness: A population-based study. Podiatric Health Section of the American Public Health Association 135th Annual Meeting & Exposition (November 3-7th, 2007). Washington, DC.
- Shaw, G.P., Morewitz, S.J., Clark, J.R. (2008). The Use of Computerized Logs in Tracking Student-Patient Interactions. Florida Summit on Health Sciences Education (April 10 – 12th 2008). Orlando, FL.
- Shaw, G.P. and Molnar, D. (2012). Articulate lecture capture improves learning for non native English language speakers. EduLearn Conference, 2nd – 4th July, 2012. Barcelona, Spain
- Shaw, G.P., Molnar, D. Coffman, J. (2013). Technology-enhanced learning in the education of healthcare professionals. 6th International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation. 18th – 20th November, 2013. Seville, Spain
- Shaw, G.P. and Morewitz, S. (2004). Implementation of a computerized student-patient log system for diabetes medical education. 4th Annual Diabetes Technology meeting in October 2004.
- Shaw, G.P., Morewitz, S., Clark, J., Matheny, T. (2005). Complex Regional Pain Syndrome-I of the Lower Extremity in Patients with Diabetes Mellitus. 86th Annual Meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, Pacific Division, Ashland, Or. June 12-16, 2005.
- Shaw, G.P., Redway, F., Frei, J.K. (2006). Helping underrepresented minority students succeed in foundation courses with an intensive tutoring initiative can help them master advanced level science courses. SACS-COC Annual Meeting, December 2006, Orlando, FL.
- Shaw, G.P., Redway, F., Frei, J.K. (2007). Running a school-wide undergraduate research office. 21st National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR®), April 12-14, 2007, San Raphael, CA.
- Morewitz, S.J., Tata, S., Shaw, G.P. (2007). Age and gender differences in hypertension and toe pain among insulin-dependent diabetics. Inter-American Society of Hypertension in Miami FL May 8th 2007.
- Morewitz, S.J., Clark, J.R., Trathen, E., Shaw, G.P., Matheny, T.F. (2007). Complex Regional Pain Syndrome-I of the Lower Extremity: Diagnosis and Treatment in Podiatric Medical Student Training Sites. Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Podiatric Medical Association, August 16th – 19th Philadelphia, PA.
- Morewitz, S.J., Shaw, G.P. (2007). African-American/White and gender differences in arthritis impairment; A population based study. OARSI World Congress on Osteoarthritis Conference in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Dec 6 – 9.
- Shaw, G.P., Morewitz, S.J., Tata, S., (2008). Income and Gender Differences in Feelings of Hopelessness and Toe Pain/Stiffness among Persons of Hispanic Origin: A Population-Based Study. Academy of Psychomotor medicine 55th Annual Meeting; Miami 19th – 22nd November.
- St. Clair, S., Shaw, G.P, Hu, X. (2011). p15, p16 and p21 are not required for TGF--induced inhibition of human myeloid leukemia cells. 1st Annual Florida Statewide Student Symposium: Excellence in undergraduate Research. Jacksonville, FL. March 4 – 5th.
- Toro, A., Guardia, T., Baddaloo, R., St Clair, S., Shaw, G.P., Hu, X. (2012). A puzzle in TGFβ-mediated cdk activity in human myeloid leukemia cells. Florida Undergraduate Research Conference. Stetson University, DeLand, FL. March 16-17,
- Shaw, G.P. (2011). Biochemistry for Health Professionals. Third Edn. John Wiley. (Available both in hard copy and ebook format; August 2011)
Additional Professional Activities:
- 2002 - Present. Question writer for the Biochemistry section of Part 1 National Board of Podiatric Medicine Exam (Basic Sciences)
- 2002 - present; Expert Editor for Medical Education Online.
- 2002 - 2007. Expert Editor for ALT-J, the international peer-reviewed journal of the Association of Learning Technology.
- 2005 - present; Expert Editor for Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association.
- 2009 - Present. BUSPM representative on the Curriculum Project for the American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine Council of Faculties
Oh oh ....