Monsignor William Barry Memorial Library is helping to save unwanted books from landfills.
If you have unwanted books, DVDs, books on CD in your office, dorm, or at home, and they meet the accepted requirements listed below, please bring them to the library, and they will be shipped to Better World Books.
The books, DVDs, and books on CD will be sold and the library will receive 15% of net sale price, and Books for Africa will receive 5% of net sale price. Unsold books will be donated to Books for Africa, or recycled.
- Books/Materials Accepted:
- Antiquarian, Rare, and Collectable Books
- Gently used Children’s Books (especially Newberry winners)
- Dictionaries and Thesauruses
- DVDs & Books on CD (must be operable include original artwork and casing)
- Ex-Library Copies
- Foreign Language Books with an ISBN (Japanese, Russian, German, etc)
- Hardcover Fiction and Non-fiction
- Mass Market paperbacks (like new condition, copyright 1980 or newer)
- Monographs; Trade Paperbacks
- Textbooks (copyright 1998 or newer)
- Travel Books (copyright within 5 years)
- Books/Materials Not Accepted:
- Dirty, Moldy, Water-Damaged, Missing Covers or Pages, etc.
- Academic Journals or Literacy Criticisms
- Activity Books (coloring, crosswords, etc.)
- Books Published by Magazines
- Case Law and Procedural Law Books
- Custom Course Packets
- Directories or Telephone Books
- Encyclopedia Britannica, World Books, or Incomplete Sets
- LP Records, VHS, Cassettes, CDs, Open Software Sets
- Periodicals or Magazines (National Geographic, TV Guides, etc.)
- Tax or Government Documents
- Who’s Who, Book Club Editions, Harlequin Romance Novels, Reader’s Digest
COLLECTION LOCATIONS: LIBRARY, LANDON, GARNER, POWERS (School of Education)
For more information, call: (305)-899-4051 or e-mail email@example.com.